Release 23 of BookingHawk.com adds more flexibility and adaptability to the ever popular online booking system. This release sees two significant changes move into our live site. So without further ado…
Mandatory Booking Codes
For a while now, it has been possible to allow your customers enter codes at booking time to either:
- Get a discounted booking
- Bypass an otherwise mandatory booking deposit
The latest release sees the addition of mandatory booking codes. This feature means that a customer cannot attempt to make a booking for your service unless they are in posession of a booking code. This feature means that the online booking system is now suitable to for a room booking system.
The following screen shots demonstrate how this new functionality operates:
Step one of the booking process remains unchanged. The user selected the date, time and asset (in this case room) that they wish to book
Step 2 of completing a booking which requires a mandatory booking code. A user is required to enter in a booking code. This code is controlled by the administrator of the business. The code can be amended, edited or remoed by the admin at any time.
Once the user has entered in a correct and valid code, they are then presented with the final booking screen. They may now complete their booking.
Control How Much Of Your Calendar Your Customer Sees
Previously, you could limit the amount of your calendar that your customer saw, only in months. This latest release facilitates you to set the limit in days, months or weeks. This is a useful feature where your assets are in high demand.
A new control set allows a business to have a higher degree of granularity around how many days their customers may view their calendar in advance. Here, the business is observed to set the limit to 2 weeks.
This 2 week control is reflected on the business profile page. Here we can see that a customer only has 2 weeks visibility into the booking availability of the business.
In the above image, the administrator can be observed setting the amount of visibility to 5 days.
The 5 day visibility setting can now be observed on the business profile page which the customer sees. The calendar and visibility in the dashboard is unaffected.
And The Rest…
Additional updates include:
- Configurable email setting for appointments. Now a customer is always emailed their booking information and the business admin can optionally add a message that will be included with each email
- Updated auto booking emails with more accurate hyperlinks
- Enhancement to event booking notes
- Improved product branding with the replacement of Booking Hawk with BookingHawk.com
- More information about customer/patient/case notes added to the homepage of BookingHawk.com
- Updated invoice template
- Updated terms and conditions
- Updated privacy statement
- Order added to the timetable overview page in the business dashboard
- Manage Booking page will no longer return bookings that are in the past to a customer. The business admin can still see all past bookings in the dashboard
- Option granted to admin for whether or not they display the appointment end times to the customer
- Fix added for missing style on event booking management page for customer
- Ability added for an event attendee to book more than one place at a time when making an event booking