Data Protection, GDPR and BookingHawk.com
As you are aware, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25th 2018. BookingHawk.com provides a number of features which help you to ensure your business complies with The GDPR.
BookingHawk.com is Irish owned and hosted. We never share either your data or that of your clients with anyone other than our Hosting Company (Hosting Ireland), and our Payment Providers (Stripe and N26).
- You must inform your clients of the explicit reasons for you holding their data. See how you can update the message from the default which we have entered by clicking here. NOTE: The default message is: “We require the information you have provided to allow us to schedule bookings and manage our diary. Your contact data will be used if we need to contact you. We use the software platform BookingHawk.com to help us to achieve these objectives. BookingHawk.com is Irish owned and hosted. BookingHawk.com do not use your data for any purposes other than those stated above.”
- Clients must give you explicit permission to hold their data. There is a checkbox in the dashboard for you to indicate if the client has done so when you are making a booking for them. When the client is booking themselves in, they must select the new data checkbox. To see this feature in operation, see this short video.
- Clients have the right to request that you delete their data, see how you can do so in this short video.
- Clients have the right to access their data. See how you can give them their data in this short video.
- Clients have the right to request that you edit/correct their data. See how you can do so in this short video.
- You have the ability to see the clients that are on your waiting list (Appointments Only). To learn how to enable your waiting list click here. To see how to view your waiting list, click here.
- The Data Protection Officer for BookingHawk.com is Niall Smith. Please feel free to contact him via the usual channels or on the below email address.
- You can merge clients if you notice that the same client is in your system with different email addresses. Should you do so, all data for both clients will be left with the remaining master client. To see a quick demo of this, click here.