Below are the list of features and fixes that have gone live in our Nicholas release for August 2018! All new features are a result of direct customer feedback, we love to build the system that you want to use.
- Add To Calendar
- When clients make a booking through for either a standard appointment or one of your events, there is now a quick, easy and secure way for them to add the booking to their favourite calendar.
- Private Bookings
- BookingHawk.com was designed with SEO in mind (ie, encouraging Google and other search engines to rank your pages as high as possible). However, many of our clients have run events that they do not want the world to know about. With that in mind, users now have the option to have any combination of their appointment, events pages added to the BookingHawk.com sitemap file.
- Optional Payment For Events
- As an event facilitator, you have always had the choice whether or not to take payments for your event. So if you said your event cost €100 to attend and clients had to pay a deposit of €50, the client always had the choice whether to pay €100 or €50 when they made their bookings. Now with our optional payment feature, you can offer your client the option to pay in full, pay a deposit, or not pay when booking. A subtle improvement, but one that our clients were asking about for weeks!
- We noticed that the email an event facilitator received from the system to tell them about a new booking looked a little garbled, we have straightened it out!
- We no longer show a ‘Book’ button on the event page if the event is sold out (we wondered why we didn’t think of that sooner…)
- Pictures are no longer mandatory for your event pages.
Hi, my name is Niall Smith and I am the Founder and CEO of BookingHawk.com. I am an experienced software engineer and have worked with companies like AOL, Guidewire, Deloitte and SAP. I am a graduate of The New Frontiers entrepreneur development programme. I live in Meath, Ireland with my wife. I love to meet other founders and learn from as many people as possible.