Delivered via Zoom
The Temporary Works Coordinator is a safety management programme designed for those required to coordinate temporary works on site and ensure the correct implementation of the company’s or organisation’s temporary works procedure.
• Know the requirements for controlling temporary works and their origins
• Understand the roles of the principle characters
• Know the duties and responsibilities of the Temporary Works Coordinator
• Be familiar with the procedure as outlined in BS 5975
• Understand how temporary works are assessed and managed
• Know the importance of the 4C’s (Competence, Communication, Control and Collaboration)
• Be aware of the pitfalls and the reasons temporary works fail
• Understand and be able to complete all associated documentation
Number of Candidates
Maximum of 20
There is no restriction on entry to this programme, but it is assumed that the candidate is experienced in Temporary Works in the construction industry and is capable of managing projects on site. The Programme is aimed at project managers and those carrying out the role of Temporary Works Coordinator or required to do so by their employer.
The Programme is delivered over 2 days including Assessment, with an anticipated start time at 09:00
and a conclusion at 16:30.
This programme will be by way of an Instructor led presentation, either face to face or via Zoom.
The Assessment is a Theory Test which is by way of a short answer paper consisting of 24 questions with a time frame of 60 minutes allocated for completion.
This programme is approved by IOSH and an IOSH Certificate for Temporary Works Coordinator will be awarded to all participants on the programme who successfully complete the theoretical assessment.