Delivered via Zoom
The aim of this programme is to give participants the competencies necessary to carry out safety consultation and representation correctly and with confidence in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act and the construction Regulations 2013 +
• Understand the main requirements of current legislation
• Know the duties and responsibilities of the relevant parties
• Know the rights of the Safety Representative
• Be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders
• Know how to identify hazards and assess risks in the workplace
• Know how to use and prepare a Safety Statement
• Be able to use checklists when carrying out inspections
• Be able to assist in dealing with accidents and incidents
• Know how to source and check health and safety information
Number of Candidates
Maximum of 20
Candidates should be at least 18 years of age and wish to act as safety representatives in the workplace.
There are no other entry restrictions.
The Programme is delivered over 3 days including Assessment, with an anticipated start time at 09:00 and a conclusion at 16:30.
This programme will be by way of an Instructor led presentation, either face to face or Zoom.
The Assessment is a Theory Test which is by way of a short answer paper consisting of 30 questions with a time frame of 60 minutes allocated for completion.
There is a practical assignment requiring the completion of a risk assessment document, the details of which will be explained on the programme.
This programme is approved by IOSH and an IOSH Certificate for Safety Representative will be awarded to all participants on the programme who successfully complete the theoretical assessment and the practical assignment.