Delivered via Zoom
The aim of this programme is to give participants the competencies to manage safely in their places of work and focuses on general principles of managing safely in construction to give them the safety and health essentials they need.
• Local law and enforcement
• Preparing for work
• The importance of method statements
• The use of permits to work.
• The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
• Principles underpinning effective construction design and management
• The key issues and control of working at height including for example:
• Plans and risk assessments
• Roofs and fragile surfaces
• Working platforms and ladders
• Management, use and stability of scaffolds
• Fall arrest and suspension equipment.
• Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Number of Candidates
Maximum of 20
There are no other entry restrictions.
The Programme is delivered over 4 days including Assessment, with an anticipated start time at 08:30
and a conclusion at 17:00.
This programme will be by way of an Instructor led presentation, either face to face or via Zoom.
The Assessment is a Theory Test which is by way of a short answer paper with a time frame of 60 minutes allocated for completion.
There is a practical assignment requiring the completion of a risk assessment document, the details of which will be explained on the programme.
This programme is an IOSH programme and an Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers will be awarded to all participants on the programme who successfully complete the theoretical assessment and the practical assignment.