Lantra Approved Certification
Delivered via Zoom
This programme is designed for people working with personal data, to make them aware of the responsibilities associated with the job and the necessary protective and preventative measures that are used to control and manage data in the workplace.
• Understand the history of, and, what is meant by GDPR and Data Protection
• Understand the seven principles of GDPR
• Know the key legisation in Ireland covering data protection
• Understand the lawful basis for processing data
• Know the different forms and types of personal data
• Be familiar with the relevant procedures to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018
• Differentiate between a data controller and data processor
• Be familiar with GDPR and data protection, how it applies to personal data in the workplace
• Be familiar with regulation pertaining to data breach notification
• Know how to carry out a basic data audit of the workplace
• Be familiar with terms and terminology
Number of Candidates
Maximum of 20
There is no restriction on entry to this programme, but it is assumed that the candidate has some IT experience and is capable of working at supervisor level.
The Programme is delivered over 1 day, with an anticipated start time at 09:00 and a conclusion at 16:30.
Includes Lantra Certification
This programme will be by way of an Instructor led presentation, either face to face or via Zoom.
There is no assessment for this awareness training course, there will be a considerable amount of practical work, discussion and interaction.
This programme is approved by Lantra and an Lantra Certificate for GDPR (ROI) will be awarded to all participants on the programme.