A gentle and friendly 3-hour class designed to focus on basic yoga postures and simple breathwork.
Designed for complete beginners (and also useful for improvers who want to go over the foundations). Suitable for all ages and body types.
The class will cover:
- Introduction to yoga - what to expect in a class
- Explore some basic postures to understand what we are trying for in terms of optimal alignment
- Options for differentiation for when a full posture isn't possible (eg arthritic wrists or sore knees)
- Postures for strength and flexibility
- Postures to work, stretch, soften and strengthen different body parts and improve your posture
- Simple balances
- Standing, seated and lying postures
- Using props (blocks, straps) for comfort, alignment and to fully access a posture
- Introduction to different breathing and pranayama techniques
- Deep relaxation time
- Plenty of time for Q&A
- Handouts with diagrams of the postures covered
A great introduction if you are planning on attending regular yoga classes.
This class can be purchased as a one-off and is open to everyone regardless of your experience or if you usually take yoga classes with Marie.
The class is £25 but if you already do regular midweek classes with Marie please ask for a £10 off coupon code before booking.